Sunday, May 10, 2009

No Longer an Undergrad

As of last Friday, I have officially graduated from Vanderbilt University. Although I have an unquenchable thirst for learning, I am ready, at least in the area of teaching, to transition from "knowing" to "doing." Through Peabody College at Vanderbilt, I had a unique opportunity to work in real classrooms each semester. Although Peabody is ranked highly for it's pedagogical instruction, I have learned the most through my practicum experiences, where the rubber meets the road.

No longer an undergraduate student, I am ready to continue learning as a teacher. I decided to postpone graduate school in order to gain valuable field experience. This summer, I will continue my job hunt and work on transitioning into the real world. Right now, everything that I learned in college seems like a vague blob of refined intuition, but I plan on devoting time this summer to materializing and synthesizing this knowledge. Hence, this blog, through which I will record resources I find and reflections I make on my upcoming teaching experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment